Thursday, July 1, 2010

ALA Conference 2010 (Washington, DC)

This year I attended the ALA (American Library Association) Annual Conference in Washington, DC for the first time. I was a student volunteer in the ALA Student-to-Staff Program where I volunteered in exchange for travel awards to help defer the cost of attending the conference.

I was assigned to the PLA (Public Library Association) where Linda Bostrom is the Manager. My role as a student volunteer was to attend PLA Programs and help the speakers with their needs. I provided assistance with the program evaluations that attendees completed at the end of each program. I also acted as a liaison between the speakers and the convention center in case audio/visual problems occurred.

When my volunteer duties were finished, I had an opportunity to tour the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health Library.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment